The Disney Scoop, Issue #001 — Disney World Holiday Happenings, Discounts, and latest News
December 01, 2007 Hello and welcome to the very first issue of The Disney Scoop! We are very excited to begin sharing all of the latest Disney news, special discounts, and our own helpful ideas and tips to help you plan your Disney Vacation.
We are all so busy at this time of year with getting everything ready for the upcoming holidays. Shopping, wrapping, baking, cooking, and cleaning are all very overwhelming, exhausting, and seemingly never-ending! I hope you can spare a moment to enjoy a little news about our favorite place – Disney World!
Holiday Season is in full swing
That’s right, Disney World is hopping with Holiday themed events across the entire resort. Christmastime at Disney World is my favorite time to visit! The combination of the spectacular decorations and seasonal events really kindles the Christmas spirit in each of us. If you’ve never experienced Disney World at Christmas, I highly recommend trying it! I’ve already booked my family vacation for December 2008!
Some of the fantastic things to see and do at this special time are:
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Castle Light Show – New this year. Cinderella’s Castle is transformed into a twinkling spectacle. Cinderella joins Mickey and the gang for a nightly Castle-lighting ceremony.
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
- Holiday Wishes Fireworks
- Epcot Holidays Around the World
- Epcot nightly tree-lighting ceremony
- Candlelight Processional at Epcot
- Illuminations Fireworks with a special Holiday Finale
- Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights at the Disney Studios
- Hollywood Holly-Day Parade at Disney Studios
- Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade at the Animal Kingdom
- Festival of the Seasons at Downtown Disney
MGM Studios Theme Park changing its name
As of January 7, 2008 the Disney MGM Studios will be renamed Disney Hollywood Studios. The park also has a new logo.
2008 Pirate and Princess Party dates announced
The dates for the wildly popular Pirate and Princess Party have been announced for the spring of 2008. This is one of those special event parties held at the Magic Kingdom. Separate tickets are required for admission.
You can get discounted ticket prices if you purchase before 12/15/07.
The party dates are as follows:
- January 21, 26, 29
- February 2, 5, 9, 14, 22, 26
- March 1, 6, 11, 14
Event Hours: 7:00 pm – 12:00 am
Winter 2008 FREE Ticket Upgrade Offer
You can get free ticket upgrades when you book a vacation package and stay at one of the Disney resorts. This offer is for most travel dates from January 1, 2008 through March 15, 2008. Some dates may be blocked out at certain resorts. The number of rooms available for this offer is limited.
Your package must include at least a 3-night hotel stay plus at least a 1-day Base Ticket. The room rate portion of the package is discounted, and the admission ticket you receive will include a Park Hopper and Water Park Fun & More ticket upgrade at no extra charge.
This offer can be booked with a regular Magic Your Way Package or a package with Dining or Deluxe Dining. You can also add on the Wine package option if you wish.
Hurry! You must book by 12/15/07 to take advantage of this offer.
When you book, just use one of the following codes:
- ZVX: MYW Package
- ZVY: MYW Package plus Dining
- ZVZ: MYW Package plus Dining and Wine Package
- ZWA: MYW Package plus Deluxe Dining
- ZWB: MYW Package plus Deluxe Dining and Wine Package
Visit the Kidcot Funstops in Epcot. This is a fantastic way to get younger kids interested in the countries of the World Showcase. As an added bonus, the masks that the kids create make great and free souvenirs!
- Pirate and Princess Party
- Disney Dining Plan – Basic Option
- Disney Dining Plan – Deluxe Option
- Disney Dining Plan – Wine and Dine Add-on Option
- Satellite and Aerial Disney World Images
- you can download Google Earth for free for you own use (it’s really fun!)
- you can track Santa on Christmas Eve using Google Earth – see the P.S. note below
If you have a Disney or vacation-related idea that you wish to share with all of us, or if there is some topic you would like more info about, please contact us!
Well, that’s all for this month. Be sure to bookmark or add us to your favorites so you can stay informed of all of the changes.
We wish you and your families a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
P.S. Here is a fun thing to do on Christmas Eve – and it is kind of related to the Aerial Disney Images info above. Google Earth has a Santa Tracker which automatically updates every 20 seconds with Santa’s current position. You will see Santa, his sleigh, and reindeer (including Rudolph!) over the current city/country he is visiting. (If you need the latest version of Google Earth, follow the instructions to download it here.) Enjoy!
If you like this newsletter, please feel free to forward it to a friend. Also, please share your thoughts or suggestions with me. I always appreciate feedback and I am very interested in making each and every newsletter edition as helpful and meaningful for you as possible.