The Disney Scoop, Issue #016– Disney Discounts, ME, Dining Info, and more….
March 01, 2009
March is roaring in like a lion here in the Northeast – let’s hope it goes out like a lamb….
Hopefully the information found on my website will help you in planning all of the details that go into a wonderful Disney World trip. A great place to start is the Disney Vacation Plan Step by Step Guide. Have fun!
I had many many requests for the Disney planning spreadsheet files last month and quite a few downloads too. Since posting the files in a new location on an external web host, they have now been downloaded almost 6000 times!
Starting March 30, 2009, luggage service will no longer be available for arrivals to Orlando International Airport after 10:00 pm. You’ll have to take your luggage to the Disney Magical Express Welcome Center. You and your luggage will then be transported on the bus together.
Boatwright’s Schedule Change
As of February 22, 2009 Boatwright’s no longer serves breakfast. Boatwright’s is located at Port Orleans Riverside. Please check your dining itineraries and make any necessary changes. My family really liked the food court at Riverside. For more dining info, check out the Disney World Dining or Resort Dining sections.
2009 Holiday Dining Surcharge
During Holiday seasons, Disney raises the prices at many of the fixed price restaurants. You can expect to pay about $4.00 more per person for ages 10 and up, and $2.00 more per person for ages 3 to 9.
The price increases really only matter if you are paying out of pocket for your meal – the Disney Dining Plan price remains the same during these periods.
Of course, your tip calculation will be based on the higher prices whether you are on the Dining Plan or not – so be prepared.
The 2009 dates (so far) affected by the surcharges are as follows:
- April 5 – April 18, 2009
- May 24 – July 11, 2009
Buy 4 Nights – get 3 FREE!
- Buy a 4 Night Disney World Package and get 3 Nights free including Magic Your Way theme park tickets. This offer is good at all Disney Resorts and is based on availability.
- Good for most dates between now and 8/15/2009.
- In addition, if you travel between now and 3/29/09 you’ll receive a $200 Disney Gift Card when you arrive!
- When traveling between 3/30/09 – 4/1/09 and 4/19/09 – 8/15/09 AND you stay at either Disney’s Old Key West Resort or Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, you’ll receive a $100 Disney Gift Card.
- Use the following codes when booking:
- RWZ: Vacation Package for dates between 1/4/09-3/29/09
- WTY: Vacation Package with Quick Service Dining Plan
- RXA: Vacation Package with Basic Dining Plan
- MPL: Vacation Package with Deluxe Dining Plan
This month’s tip comes directly from one of your fellow “Scoopers”! Thanks to Carol B. for this great tip.
|“We are leaving for Disney soon and have decided to do a 10 day countdown. Each morning I will have an item waiting for the boys before bedtime (to make sweet dreams) or maybe at breakfast (to have a great day). Some ideas are luggage tags, sunglasses, swim trunks, snacks, sunblock, travel pillow, rain ponchos, beach ball/floaties and souvenir money!”|