The Disney Scoop, Issue #017– Disney Discounts, News, Tips, and more….
April 01, 2009
Well, well, it’s been a big month for Disney news and discounts! Most of the news shows evidence of cutbacks and changes – but the discounts include a Free Dining offer!
Before we get to the news, I have a couple of items. First, just a quick reminder to anyone traveling to Disney World in July. Your 90 day window is quickly approaching! Prepare to make all of your dining reservations and set your alarm for 7:00 am eastern time on your reservation day! For those going before then, hopefully you have already made all of your desired reservations.
If you are in the early stages of planning your trip, or don’t even know where to begin, then I suggest you start with the Disney Vacation Plan Step by Step Guide.
2009 Holiday Party Tickets go on sale May 1
September 4, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29 October 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, and 31.
November 10, 12, 13, 17, 19, 20, 29
December 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, and 18
As of now, there are no Pirate and Princess Parties scheduled for 2009.
No Mother’s Day Brunch
The Mother’s Day Brunch, which is usually held in Epcot’s World Showcase, has been cancelled for 2009. If you were planning on attending, please make other arrangements.
No more Spoodles
Iron Chef Cat Cora and Disney are joining together to open an exciting new family dining restaurant at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort. Kouzzina by Cat Cora will feature a menu of Mediterranean-style cuisine that pays tribute to the chef’s Greek roots.
The restaurant, to be owned and operated by Disney, is scheduled to open by fall 2009 in the space currently occupied by Spoodles.
I’m kind of sad about this! One of our most memorable Disney dining experiences was at Spoodles!
FREE Disney Dining Plan for General Public!
- When you purchase one of these 5-night/6-day Magic Your Way hotel and theme park ticket packages, your family will enjoy the Disney Dining Plan, Free.
- Valid for stays most nights 8/16/09 to 10/03/09.
- Booking Dates: Book by June 21, 2009
- Booking Codes:
- RYH: Vacation Package with Basic Dining Plan
FREE DINING for Disney VISA card holders!
- Purchase a minimum three (3) night stay at a select Walt Disney World Resort Hotel in conjunction with a Magic Your Way ticket and receive the Disney Dining Plan absolutely FREE! You may also upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan at a discounted rate, or add the Wine & Dine Add-On at regular rates.
- Booking Dates : Disney Visa Holders: Book by June 21, 2009
- Travel Dates : August 16, 2009 – October 3, 2009
- Booking Codes:
- RYI: Vacation Package with Basic Dining Plan
- EEV: Vacation Package with Deluxe Dining Plan
- UXQ: Vacation Package with Deluxe Dining Plan with Wine and Dine Plan
- Important Notes:
- This offer may not be combined with other discounts or promotions.
- The FREE DINING “Special Offer” Walt Disney World Resort Room Rates are not applicable to any nights after October 3, 2009.
- This “Special Offer” Magic Your Way Package plus Dining is valid for stays a minimum of three (3) nights and a maximum of fourteen (14) nights at any Walt Disney World Resort.
- The same package must be purchased for all Guests in the party.
- Meals for guests ages 3-9 may not be used by persons ages 10 and up.
- Guests ages 3-9 must order from the children’s menu where applicable.
- Certain dining locations require the redemption of two Table Service meals per guest.
- Applicable gratuities are not included.
- This offer is not applicable to “Room Only” reservations.
- The number of rooms available is limited.
This month’s tip comes directly from one of your fellow “Scoopers”! Thanks to Shakisha from the Cayman Islands for this great tip.
|“First let me say I love your website! As an avid Disney Lover I love all things Disney too. Unfortunately, we cannot go every year but we do go every couple of years. We plan a year in advance but to keep the “Disney Spirit” during our “off season”, we have monthly Disney-themed dinner nights. We try to recreate our favorite Disney foods. For example, for Magic Kingdom night, we recreate Casey’s Hot Dogs, Dole Whips, Roasted Turkey Drumsticks or Noodles from Noodle Station.”|
I think this sounds like a lot of fun! Maybe we could all contribute ideas for Disney-themed meals to recreate at home.