Disney Annual Passes offer you significant savings on theme park tickets if you visit Disney often enough in a calendar year.
There are three different types of Disney Annual Pass. There is the regular Annual Pass, the Premium Annual Pass, and the Florida Resident Annual and Seasonal Passes.
Read through the description of each to determine which, if any, is the best for you.
Note: These passes are not cheap (but then again neither is any Disney ticket!). Be sure that you will get your money’s worth before actually purchasing an Annual Pass.
Types of Disney Annual Passes
Disney Annual Pass
- A Disney Annual Pass gives you 365 days of unlimited admission, with no black-out dates, to the four major Disney theme parks in Orlando, as well as complimentary parking. You can visit the Magic Kingdom,Epcot, Disney Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom parks as many times as you wish for a full 365 days from the day you first activate your pass (which is not necessarily the day you purchase it).
- An Annual Pass also has the Park Hopper feature built right into it. You can visit multiple parks in any given day. This provides great flexibility for maximizing your Disney vacation time.
Premium Annual Pass
- The Premium Annual Pass gives you all of the benefits of the regular Annual Pass with the addition of admission to the Disney Quest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, Pleasure Island and both Disney Water Parks –Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.
Florida Resident Seasonal Pass
- This is a seasonal pass available only to Florida residents. It allows for year-long admission to all four major Walt Disney World Theme Parks, including the Park Hopping feature.
- Note that black-out dates may apply.
- Passholders are also eligible for special discounts and offers not available to the general public.
- **In addition, Florida Residents can also purchase the following types of Annual Passes:
Epcot After 4 pm Annual Pass
- Entitles Florida residents to unlimited regular admission after 4 pm to Epcot. Special events that require separate admission are excluded. Proof of Florida Residency is required upon admission.
Water Park After 2 pm Annual Pass
- Entitles Florida residents to year-round admission to both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach after 2 pm.
Florida Resident Annual Pass
- Entitles guests to unlimited admission to the Magic Kingdom,Epcot, Disney Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom , as well as complimentary parking. This is essentially a regular Disney Annual Pass available to Florida residents at a discounted rate.
Florida Resident 3-Day-Play Pass Ticket
- The 3-Day-Play Pass Ticket gives you 3 days worth of admission to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Studios, or Disney’s Animal Kingdom.These tickets expire 180 days from the first time you use them. If you want, you can any of the Magic Your Way options to this 3-day pass, such as Park Hopping, Water Parks Fun and More, or No Expiration.
Florida Resident Premium Annual Pass
- Provides unlimited admission to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Studios, or Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney Quest, Pleasure Island and both Disney Water Parks – Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.
Important things to know about the Disney Annual Pass:
- All Disney tickets are non-transferrable. When you use your ticket at any of the the turnstiles, you will be asked to put your index finger into a scanning machine.This is not a big deal and no Disney is not finger-printing you. This is just their way of verifying that you and only you are able to use your ticket!
Note: Disney reserves to right to revoke your Annual Pass if it is used by anyone other than the passholder on record.
- Annual Passes do not allow admission to Disney World Special Events that are hard-ticketed or require separate admission, like the holiday parties in the Magic Kingdom.
- The Disney website now has an exclusive Passholders section where you can log in to view the current information about benefits and renewals. You can also view the current issue of the Mickey Monitor newsletter.
- You can renew your Annual Pass within 30 days of its expiration date. (Renew online through the Official Disney Annual Passholder portal. The new Annual Pass becomes effective the day after your current Annual Pass expires.
- Complimentary use of all Disney World transportation options – monorails, ferryboats, and motor coaches – is included.
- You get free parking at the Theme Parks with an Annual Pass, even if you are not staying at a Disney Resort.
- There are special Passholder events throughout the year, like attraction previews.
- Annual Passholders receive merchandise discounts at select stores throughout the Resort.
- Passholders are also eligible for food and beverage discounts at many dining locations, including some of the most popular restaurants.
- Annual Passholders can purchase the Disney Dining Experience Card, which currently gives 20% off your entire bill at select locations.
- There are often room-only discounts for Passholders at Disney Resort Hotels.
- As a passholder, you will receive discounts on select Theme Park tours, golf, miniature golf, spa treatments and much more.
To purchase Disney Annual Passes, go to www.disneyworld.com.
That’s all folks! Happy Planning!