Below is a listing of Disney Countdown Tips.
If you ask me waiting for a Disney vacation is worse than waiting for Christmas!
It seems like a never-ending period of time from when you book the trip to when you actually get to go.
Well, I’ve put together some tips to help pass this time in a Disney-fied manner.
Do you have a great Disney Countdown Tip?
If you have a ‘Waiting for your Disney Trip” tip that you would like to share, please comment at the bottom of this page.
- Explore all of the Disney Dining options available and make reservations for the ones you want.
- Check the Disney Vacation Countdown section for lots of fun things to see and do and make before your trip.
- Make some sort of vacation countdown calendar or chain. Here is the countdown chain that I used for my family.
- Install a Countdown Clock on your computer desktop.
- If you are going during the Holiday season, you could make our own Custom Disney Santa Hats like I did.
- Make Custom Pin Collecting Lanyard Tags with each kids name on it.
- Make or buy Disney activity or guide books for the kids. They’ll be entertained while learning about Disney World. I recommend the Guide to the Magic series for kids.
- While you’re at it, pick up a guide book for yourself too. After the major planning issues are taken care of, it is fun to leisurely read about the various parks and their nuances.
- Get yourself a digital camera, if you don’t already have one. And learn how to use it! Practice taking photos using the different settings before your trip.
- I recommend the Canon Elph series of cameras. We have the Canon SD750, and just love it. It is small, inexpensive, and really easy to use. Plus it has a huge 3-inch LCD screen. I would also recommend buying a large memory card and an extra battery.
- Start saving those pennies! For a fun way to save them, make yourself a Disney World Piggy Bank. It’s easy and fun!
- Make each person their very own Pressed Pennies change holder. This is handy to hold the coins both before and after the “squishing” process.
- Learn about Walt Disney and his philosophies. You’ll appreciate Disney World a little bit more when you understand the motivation behind it all. A great way to learn about Walt is to read some of his more famous quotations.
- Buy Disney Dollars and give your kids plenty of opportunities to earn them – through chores, holidays, rewards, or allowance.
- Read about the Theme Parks so you know what to expect and which attractions you most want to see.
- Explore Disney World from a bird’s eye view using Google Earth.
Have a great TIP about this topic?
Do you have a great tip about this? Share it!
Please comment below to submit your tip. Tell us a little story about how you used the tip to make your Disney vacation more magical.
Planning a Disney World vacation can be overwhelming – wouldn’t it be wonderful to have all the best tips and hints all in one place?
Well, that’s what we’d like to do here. And you can help!
We all benefit greatly from the kindness and knowledge of others, so if you have a great tip about this topic, please pass it on to the rest of us.
We all thank you in advance!