Below I have listed my favorite Disney Dining Tips.
These tips will not suit everyone's vacationing style, but most will save you either time, money, or frustration.
The most important thing I can say is plan ahead!
Following these tips will not only help your vacation dining go smoothly, it will also make you a look like a Disney Dining expert!
Your family (and their taste buds!) will thank you!
Do you have a great Disney Dining Tip?
If you have a tip about Disney dining that you would like to share, please click here or scroll down to use the Submit a Tip form at the bottom of this page. After approval, your Disney dining tips will be posted.
- Check the park hours for the time you are going. Also, be aware of any special events or extra magic hours. Once you know all of that, then you can select your dining times.
- Choose your dining experiences more than six months in advance.Yes – really!
- Decide if you want to use one of the Disney Dining Plans (either the basic plan or the deluxe plan), or none at all.
- Make table-service restaurant reservations six months in advance.
- Tour the parks early early in the day. Take a break in the afternoon for naps or rest, and then return to the parks for dinner.
- Have breakfast in your room. Read more about this idea and how it can benefit you (and your wallet!)
- If possible, pack some drinks and snacks.
- Have water delivered to Disney. Sounds completely nuts but read more about this money saving idea, especially if you are traveling during the warmer months.
- All Disney restaurants are non-smoking.
- Book a Character Meal, they really are a lot of fun (for both kids and adults!)
- Children under the age of 3 can eat free at table service and fixed-price buffet restaurants. However, they must share from your plate. You can always order menu items for the child but not that you will be charged for them.
- If you have any food allergies, special dietary restrictions or needs, have them noted when you make your reservation. You can also call and speak to the chef directly. Use the Disney Dining Directory to find the phones numbers you need.
- Check out the dining at the resorts. Some of the best and most entertaining restaurants are at the resort hotels.
- The restaurants and counter service locations are busiest between 11am and 2pm and again between 6pm and 8pm. Try to avoid these times if possible. You will have a more enjoyable experience with less crowds.
- Want to experience the table service restaurants but need tostick to a budget? Have lunch instead of dinner. Most of the restaurants offer the same menu but with much lower prices.
- Another way to watch your budget (and waistline!) is to only order an appetizer and dessert. Or you could always share an entree between two people. But don't try to share if you are using a Disney Dining Plan or dining at a fixed-price or buffet-type facility!
Have a great TIP about this topic?
Do you have a great tip about this? Share it!
Please use the form below to submit your tip. Tell us a little story about how you used the tip to make your Disney vacation more magical. You can give as much detail as you wish - you can even upload a photo too!
Planning a Disney World vacation can be overwhelming - wouldn't it be wonderful to have all the best tips and hints all in one place?
Well, that's what we'd like to do here. And you can help!
We all benefit greatly from the kindness and knowledge of others, so if you have a great tip about this topic, please pass it on to the rest of us.
We all thank you in advance!
Leave Disney Dining Tips & return to Disney World Tips
Leave Disney Dining Tips & return to Plan a Magical Vacation Homepage
Do you Like Plan-a-Magical-Vaction.com?