Below I have listed some great Disney Planning Tips. In a sense, this whole website is made up of planning tips for your Disney vacation, but the list below highlights the big ones.
Following these tips will help your vacation go smoothly, plus make you a look like a Disney expert!
Do you have a great Disney Planning Tip?
If you have a tip about planning that you would like to share, please click here or scroll down to use the Submit a Tip form at the bottom of this page. After approved, your tips will be posted.
- Check the historical weather records and crowd levels to determine the best time to go to Disney World.
- Before choosing a hotel, virtually explore the resorts and maps to learn the layouts and what each resort has to offer. The resorts vary so pick the one that best suits your family.
- Pay attention to the park hours for the time you are going. The parks have extended hours during the busier times, and close earlier during not-so-busy times or for special events. Also check the extra magic hours schedule.
- If you are planning to drive to Orlando, figure out the cost of the road trip.
- Choose your dining experiences more than six months in advance.Yes – really!
- Decide if you want to use one of the Disney Dining Plans (either the basic plan or the deluxe plan), or none at all.
- Make table-service restaurant reservations six months in advance.
- Pack casual clothes and comfortable shoes.
- Make sure you make a list of everything you are bringing. If you don't you will probably forget something. Thanks for the Tip Ally!
- Get some guide books. Especially for the kids. My kids loved having their own book to help them “plan” their trip!
- Measure your child's height before your trip so you know which attractions the child can ride.
- Buy a digital camera, if you don’t already have one. You won’t regret it!
I recommend the Canon Elph series of cameras. We have the Canon SD750, and just love it. It is small, inexpensive, and really easy to use. Plus it has a huge 3-inch LCD screen. I would also recommend buying a large memory card and an extra battery.
- Plan to get to the parks early! Take a break in the afternoon for naps or rest, and then return to the parks for dinner.
- Buy Disney themed souvenirs ahead of time. Check your local dollar store or Disney Store or DisneyShopping.com before your vacation. This a great way to save some money!
- If possible, pack some drinks and snacks.
Have a great TIP about this topic?
Do you have a great tip about this? Share it!
Please use the form below to submit your tip. Tell us a little story about how you used the tip to make your Disney vacation more magical. You can give as much detail as you wish - you can even upload a photo too!
Planning a Disney World vacation can be overwhelming - wouldn't it be wonderful to have all the best tips and hints all in one place?
Well, that's what we'd like to do here. And you can help!
We all benefit greatly from the kindness and knowledge of others, so if you have a great tip about this topic, please pass it on to the rest of us.
We all thank you in advance!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Leave Disney Planning Tips & return to Disney World Tips
Leave Disney Planning Tips & return to Plan a Magical Vacation Homepage
Do you Like Plan-a-Magical-Vaction.com?