Welcome to the Disney Transportation section of the plan-a-magical-vacation website. This is a great information source for Disney World transportation, Orlando resorts, airport and around-town transportation. I’ve also included driving directions, tips, and maps. I hope you find this information useful in planning your trip!
Town Car and Limo Service
- Great alternative to Disney’s Magical Express.
- Arrive in style in less than 30 minutes to any Disney World resort.
- A town car round trip fare is less than it costs four passengers to use shuttle, taxi, or rental car.
- Rates vary for town cars, SUVs, Vans, and limousines.
- They also have booster seats and child safety seats free of charge.
- Sometimes they will also stop at the supermarket en route, when requested, up to 30 minutes free of charge.
Disney Magical Express
Orlando Rental Car Companies
- If you’re the type that prefers a rental car as your Disney vacation transportation, there are a ton of rental car companies in Orlando to choose from.
Disney World Buses
- Convenient, free and carefree! There are buses that will take you anywhere in the World (Disney World that is!)
- Smooth and fun! The ultimate in Disney Transportation! Kids of all ages LOVE it!
- There are two loops or lines – a Resort loop and an Epcot loop.
- The Resort loop makes stops at the Ticket and Transportation Center (TTC), the Polynesian Resort, the Grand Floridian Resort, the Magic Kingdom Park, and the Contemporary Resort.
- The Epcot loop connects the TTC and Epcot.
- “Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!!” (HaHa!!)
Boat and Water Transportation
- There are lots of boats and water taxis along the waterways of Disney World.
- Great alternate mode of transport!
- My favorite is the boat between Epcot and the Studios.
- Quick and easy. And no need to rent a car – just use Magical Express (free to guests staying at a Disney Resort).
Driving to Orlando
- Depending on how faraway you live and how many people in your family, this is a great option that saves a ton of money.
- I actually prefer to drive -I can take whatever I want with me and not have to worry about so many rules and regulations!
- Take the train to Disney! And take your car with you. Just need to get to the station in Lorton, VA.