Below is a listing of Disney Weather Tips. While the weather in Orlando is usually glorious and warm, many times there are weather issues that require some forethought.
Disney World experiences extreme heat and humidity in the summer months, daily rain patterns during portions of the year, as well as tropical storm and hurricane possibilities. During the winter months cooler temperatures and chilly nights may catch some travelers off guard.
Read through the Disney weather tips below to ensure that you and your family will be prepared for anything that Mother Nature throws Orlando’s way!
Note: Check and double check the Disney World weather forecast before you leave home!!
Do you have a great Disney Weather Tip?
If you have a weather tip that you would like to share, please click here or scroll down to use the Submit a Tip form at the bottom of this page. After approval, your tips will be posted.
Disney WEATHER TIPS
- Check the forecast for Orlando for you trip before you go so you know what to pack.
- Stay hydrated. I can’t stress enough the importance of drinking water or other clear fluids. If you are using a Disney Dining Plan (basic or deluxe options), you can use a snack credit to buy a bottle of water.
- To save money or snack credits, consider having a couple of case of water delivered directly to Disney World. This saves a ton of money!
- Know the signs of dehydration.
Dry or “Cotton” mouth
Weakness or Fatigue
- Pack casual clothes and comfortableshoes for all members of your family. When it’s crowded and hot, the last thing you need is uncomfortable clothes or shoes (or a child or husband with uncomfortable clothing!)
- Plan to get to the parks early! The Florida sun is strongest and hottest between 11 am and 3 pm. Take a break in the afternoon for naps or rest, and then return to the parks for dinner and nighttime activities.
- Let the kids wear their swimsuits to the Parks. There are many areas where they can cool off, whether it be a fountain or misting station.
- The World Showcase is wonderful in the rain! Just don a poncho and bop around the world. Most of the attractions are indoor, and there are loads of shopping opportunities.
- Be prepared – many outdoor attractions like Test Track and Big Thunder Mountain shut down during a rain storm.
- Tour the indoor attractions, eat a meal, or see the shows while it is raining.
- Orlando frequently has daily rain showers – but often times they only last 15 or 20 minutes. Find shelter during the rain and then enjoy lessened crowds after the shower! Many people leave the parks as soon as the rain starts!
- Pack lightweight waterproof jackets or ponchos in advance. You can even buy disposable ponchos in your Dollar Store before your trip – a lot cheaper than buying the Disney ponchos! An extra pair of dry socks may also be a welcome item!
- Orlando is the lightning capital of the world! If you hear thunder or see lightning, take cover immediately!
- Go Shopping! When the rain starts falling, duck into the shops along Main Street (MK) or Hollywood Blvd. (Studios). The shops are all connected inside and you can easily wait out a storm in here.
- If you happen to be in Disney World during a tropical storm or ahurricane, stay calm. Follow the advice of the Cast Members – they will take care of you! Be prepared to spend long periods of time in your resort room, as it will be dangerous to walk around outside in high winds.
- The day following a bad storm or hurricane is usually beautiful! Enjoy it!
- In the cooler months, dress in layers. The sun can still be quite warm during the day, but you will need a lightweight jacket in the evening.
- Pack small gloves for everyone. I bought those “magic” gloves – 2 pairs for a dollar – at the Dollar Store before our last trip and we needed them at night – especially at Epcot where it seems cooler because of the expanse of water!
Have a great TIP about this topic?
Do you have a great tip about this? Share it!
Please use the form below to submit your tip. Tell us a little story about how you used the tip to make your Disney vacation more magical. You can give as much detail as you wish - you can even upload a photo too!
Planning a Disney World vacation can be overwhelming - wouldn't it be wonderful to have all the best tips and hints all in one place?
Well, that's what we'd like to do here. And you can help!
We all benefit greatly from the kindness and knowledge of others, so if you have a great tip about this topic, please pass it on to the rest of us.
We all thank you in advance!
Leave Disney Weather Tips & return to Disney World Tips
Leave Disney Weather Tips & return to Plan a Magical Vacation Homepage
Do you Like Plan-a-Magical-Vaction.com?