Here is a collection of tried and true Magic Kingdom Tips.
All of these tips are from people who have had success in touring the Magic Kingdom.
Do you have a great Magic Kingdom Tip?
If you have a tip that you would like to share, please click here or scroll down to use the Submit a Tip form at the bottom of this page. After approval, your tips will be posted.
- Watch the Wishes fireworks from The Plaza dining terrace. Tinkerbell will fly right toward you during the evening fireworks.
- Watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the ferry. Plus you’ll beat the crowds exiting the park.
- Watch the fireworks from the area between Philharmagic and Cinderella’s Carousel.
- Watching the fireworks near Town Hall. It provides a quick exit to the monorail.
- Watch the Spectromagic parade from the balcony of the train station, near the park entrance. Be sure to get there early.
- Watch Spectromagic parade near its starting point. When the end of the parade passes, go to Adventure land. The lines will be short because most people in the park are still watching the parade.
- On a hot day, check out the Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square - there is rarely a long line, and it's air conditioned.
- Go to Space Mountain first thing in the morning at park opening. It is usually not crowded and you can ride it 2 or 3 times in a row.
- Ride the mountains right before or during the night time parade. Most people will be watching the parade so the lines will be short.
- Get a birthday pin if you are there on or around your birthday. Each park has a different pin design.
- During a parade or exiting the park, try to walk through the shops as much as possible. You can get almost all the way down Main Street because most of the stores are continuous. This is my husband's favorite Magic Kingdom tip! It helps bypass the crowds!
- To save money and time, buy Disney themed souvenirs ahead of time. Check you local dollar store or Disney Store or DisneyShopping.com before your vacation.
- When using the monorail to get to or from the Magic Kingdom, ask to sit if the front car with the driver. The driver even gave each of my kids a Monorail License.
- Try riding Splash Mountain or Thunder Mountain Railroad in the dark. It is a totally different experience.
- Avoid visiting the park on a Saturday. It is often the busiest day of the week. This is my favorite Magic Kingdom tip!
- If you have small kids, plan to visit Fantasyland first thing when the park opens. The lines only get longer as the day goes on.
- Watch the show in front of the Castle. You’ll see lots of characters.
- Try to get to the park about 30 minutes before the opening time.
- Start in Adventureland and go clockwise around the park. Most people start in Tomorrowland, so you’ll avoid a lot of crowds.
- Take the boat instead of the monorail to the park from the TTC, it will be less crowded.
- When going back the TTC, use the Resort Monorail. It will be a lot less crowded than the express Monorail.
- The front seat on Splash Mountain is the wettest!
- Main Street and all of its shops remain open for a half an hour after park closing. Take your time and enjoy it while everyone else is rushing out.
- Fantasyland is less crowded near park closing time.
- Visit Tom Sawyer’s Island for a little peace and quiet.
- Enjoy a meal at one of the Monorail resorts.‘Ohana is our favorite.
- You cannot take a stroller on the Walt Disney Railroad.
- For a break, ride the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Those little blue cars are a lot of fun and are an amusing way to take a much needed rest. Plus there is never a line!
- Remember to bring your camera and take lots of pictures.
- Be sure to bring water and sun screen. Having a poncho, umbrella or light raincoat might be a good idea, too.
- Adults with kids that are too small to ride may take turns riding an attraction. There is no need to wait in line twice. Ask a Cast Member for details about the Baby Swap.
- Don't forget to bring your autograph book to Mickey's Toontown Fair where you can find your favorite characters.
- Many Disney Cast Members are fluent in more than one language. Their nametags indicate which languages they speak.
- Check the Magic Kingdom Times Guide for show times and Park hours.
- Check the Magic Kingdom tip board on Main Street U.S.A. throughout the day for the current wait times for the most popular attractions at the Park.
- Look for the Disney photographer at the entrance to the Park and in front of Cinderella Castle to get a great memory of your day at the Magic Kingdom.
- For Magic Kingdom dining, be sure to make reservations ahead of time by calling 407-WDW-DINE (939-3463).
- Measure your child's height before you arrive at the park so you know which attractions he or she is able to ride. All height requirements are strictly enforced.
- If your party decides to split up, remember to set a meeting place and time. But try not to pick any place too trafficked, like in front of Cinderella Castle, or it may be difficult to find your party. Not just a Magic Kingdom tip - you should do this in each park.
- Study a map of the Park prior to your arrival to become familiar with the location of the attractions you are most interested in.
- Take advantage of the FASTPASS. Simply slip your Park Pass into the FASTPASS machine to receive an assigned return time and enjoy the rest of the park while the FASTPASS saves your place in line.
- The Magic Kingdom has three ATMs: under the Main Street train station, near the Frontierland Shooting Arcade and at the Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. arcade near Space Mountain.
- Wear casual clothes and comfortable shoes. (Not just a Magic Kingdom tip, but a general Disney World tip!)
- You can get a haircut at the Harmony Barber Shop located beside the Car Barn on Main Street.
- Special behind the scenes tours are available at the Magic Kingdom. Call 407-WDW-TOUR for reservations and details.
Have a great TIP about this topic?
Do you have a great tip about this? Share it!
Please use the form below to submit your tip. Tell us a little story about how you used the tip to make your Disney vacation more magical. You can give as much detail as you wish - you can even upload a photo too!
Planning a Disney World vacation can be overwhelming - wouldn't it be wonderful to have all the best tips and hints all in one place?
Well, that's what we'd like to do here. And you can help!
We all benefit greatly from the kindness and knowledge of others, so if you have a great tip about this topic, please pass it on to the rest of us.
We all thank you in advance!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom Not rated yet
As soon as you enter Magic Kingdom, stop by the fire station and pick up a map and set of Sorcerer cards for the Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom Game.
Disney strollers and more... Not rated yet
I disagree with the suggestion to avoid the Disney strollers. I love them.
My family stays in the resorts and we make use of Disney bus transportation. …
Click here to write your own.
Leave Magic Kingdom Tips & return to Disney World Tips
Leave Magic Kingdom Tips & return to Plan a Magical Vacation Homepage
Do you Like Plan-a-Magical-Vaction.com?