Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
MNSSHP – Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is a wonderful and unique opportunity to experience the Magic Kingdom at Disney World in a different light.
The entire park is transformed into a spooky, but not so scary Halloween party suitable for all ages.
That’s us in the picture on the right – my kids dressed up as Huey,Dewey, and Louie!
There are many special things that happen during this party that you won’t experience on a normal day at the Magic Kingdom. Like the very cute Boo to You Parade featuring many of the Disney characters. Let me tell you that the music to that parade will permanently embed itself in your brain!
Other highlights of the party are trick-or-treating locations, character meet and greets, special Hallowishes fireworks (really spectacular!), as well as a limited crowd – which means short wait times for some of the most popular attractions.
2012 MNSSHP Dates and Pricing
- September 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28, 30
- October 4, 5, 8, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31
- November 2
Event Hours: 7:00 pm – 12:00 am
Parade times: 8:15 pm and 10:30 pm
Fireworks time: 9:30 pm
Call 407-W-DISNEY to purchase tickets.
- You usually are entitled to a free photograph to commemorate the party. Try to get your photo taken early in the evening to avoid long wait times and also to get it out of the way!
- This is one of those after hours events held at the Magic Kingdom. Separate tickets are required for admission. The Magic Kingdom closes early on party nights and only those with the special event tickets are admitted.
- If you are going to Disney world during the time of this party and not planning on attending, please make your touring and dining plans accordingly. You cannot make dining reservations for a Magic Kingdom restaurant on the night of the party if you do not have party tickets!
- TIP: Even though the event does not start until 7:00 pm, you can usually get into the park starting around 4:00 pm.
- Those attending the party will be required to wear an identifying wristband.
- While you are encouraged to wear a Halloween costume, please be sure that your chosen costume does not block your vision, does not have a mask, and is not inappropriate or offensive.
- Please note that a limited number of tickets are available for each night. So if you wish to attend, make sure to order your tickets early. One benefit of attending one of these specially-ticketed events is the smaller crowds. You can take advantage of this and ride many of the popular attractions with little or no wait time.
- The party features a special parade, the Boo-To-You Parade. In addition to many of the characters decked out in their own Halloween costumes, the parade is preceded by the Headless Horseman galloping right down Main Street!
- Hallowishes is a fantastic Halloween version of the Wishes fireworks display that fills the entire sky above the Magic Kingdom.