Star Wars Weekends
Disney Hollywood Studios
Star Wars Weekends is a special event that takes place every June (since 1997) at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando, Florida. Over thirty years since its creation, the Star Wars movies are still among the most popular of all time.
Star Wars fans from around the world gather each year for the festivities at the Studios. As a guest during these special weekends, you can experience the power of the Force as you meet over 50 characters and celebrities from the Star Wars Saga (all 6 movies), learn the ways of the Jedi at the Jedi Training Academy, and enjoy a special star-studded motorcade parade.
2010 Star Wars Weekends Dates:
- May 21,22,23
- May 28,29,30
- June 4,5,6
- June 11,12,13
Special Guest and Celebrity schedule:
Weekend #1: May 21,22,23
- Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett)
- Daniel Logan (Young Bobba Fett)
- Dee Bradley Baker (Captain Rex)
Weekend #2: May 28,29,30
- Matthew Wood (Supervising Sound Editor for the
- Star Wars Prequels andThe Clone Wars as well as the voice of General Grievous and the battle droids.)
- Lorne Peterson (ILM model-maker)Tom Kane (Voice of Yoda)
Weekend #3: June 4,5,6
- Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian)
- Ray Park (Darth Maul)
- Dave Filoni (Supervising Director)
Weekend #4: June 11,12,13
- Ray Park (Darth Maul)
- Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
- James Arnold Taylor (voices Obi-Wan Kenobi in The Clone Wars)
Highlights of the Weekends
Jedi Training Academy
- Become a chosen Padawan and learn the ways of the Force before coming face-to-face with the dreaded dark side. Kids are randomly selected and get to use a lightsaber! This has been so popular during these weekends that it is now a permanent attraction at the Studios.
Behind the Force: Experience The Clone Wars
- Explore the excitement of Star Wars: The Clone Wars with a fascinating look behind the scenes of the all-new animated adventure. This is a 25 minute show presented at the ABC TV Theater.
- Hold on tight for a thrilling space flight on this, the ultimate Star Wars adventure.
Padawan Mind Challenge
- Kids under 12 are invited to test their Star Wars knowledge before the Jedi Council.
- Gather at 7:00 pm for an out-of-this-world conclusion to each day's events with Star Wars characters.
- Take a galaxy of pictures of all your favorite Star Wars characters and celebrities each weekend during the month-long event. Many of the characters are available from 9:00 am to 6:30 pm in the Star Tours area.
NO special tickets are needed to attend the Star Wars special weekends, however admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is required.
Important things to know about Star Wars Weekends
- There are many characters available for photos. Make sure that you visit the Disney approved ones – not the random guest dressed up like a Storm Trooper…. I have heard many stories about Disney removing costumed guests who pose for photos with other guests!
- You will also see favorite Disney characters in Star Wars costumes – really cute! You won’t see them dressed like this at any other time, so get those cameras out. You may see Jedi Mickey, Leia Minnie, Vader Goofy or even Stormtrooper Donald.
- Don’t miss the daily parade. This is a great way to see all of the guest celebrities and Star Wars characters.
- If you go to a Star Wars Weekend, get to the park early. Even though the park opens at 9:00 am, they will start letting people in at 8:30. The Star Tours area will still be roped off until 9:00 am though.
- Star Wars Weekend do draw large crowds. If this event is not something that appeals to you or someone in your travel party, I suggest avoiding the Studios on the event dates.
- The line for the Star Tours attraction get quite long on the Star Wars dayrs, so if you are planning to ride it, grab a Fastpass.
- Depending on how “into” Star Wars you are, you might want to check out the question and answer sessions.
- You must have a FastPass to get a celebrity autograph. These special FastPasses are distributed over at the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular on a first-come first-served basis. They work exactly like the regular attraction FastPasses and are limited in number.
- Guests are encouraged to join the fun by dressing in their favorite Star Wars-inspired apparel and costumes.
- As always, there will be event-exclusive Star Wars merchandise and collectibles on display and for sale. Check out Tatooine Traders (right nest to Star Tours) for exclusive items that are only sold during these weekends. Some of these items include limited edition pins, posters, t-shirts, and Star-Wars-clad-Disney-character figurines.
- Two commemorative Star Wars Weekends pins are issued for each of the weekends. There is also a special event pin.
May the Force be with you!
Leave Star Wars Weekends & Return to Disney World Special Events
Leave Star Wars Weekends & Return to Plan a Magical Vacation Homepage
Do you Like Plan-a-Magical-Vaction.com?